History

Four actuarial pioneers, Dr. Emeterio Roa, Dr. Luis Salvosa, Mr. Exequiel Sevilla and Dr. Manuel Hizon, founded the Philippine Actuarial Society on March 12, 1953. The Society’s mission was to advance actuarial science in the Philippines.

In 1969, in lieu of the original society, the Actuarial Society of the Philippines, Inc. was organized and registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Three categories of membership were defined: Fellow, Associate and Affiliate. As of April 2011, we have 246 members with 64 Fellows, 58 Associates and 124 Affiliates.

The Society became a member of the International Actuarial Association in 1998, proof that the ASP’s education and qualification program meets international standards.